Adopting a healthier lifestyle has never been more rewarding at Boyd Gaming. For the last five years, Boyd Gaming team members from across the nation have taken on the Company’s “Lose It to Win” challenge, a program designed to encourage team members to improve their health.
With their eyes on the prize, participants competed to lose the highest percentage of weight loss, while cheering each other on to get into better shape. Health coaches working at each property motivated team members to reach their goals by providing top-notch advice on how to eat better and exercise effectively.
This year, nearly 800 team members participated in the 12-week weight loss challenge and together shed nearly 7,000 pounds, or just shy of 3.5 tons. That is equivalent to the weight of 30 slot machines, $1,655,282 silver dollars and 101 Dalmatians!
Getting healthier and losing weight literally paid off for the top “Lose it To Win” contenders. Each property recognized a first, second and third place winner in both male and female categories. Winners in each category took home between $100 and $500 in cash; plus, an extra $500 was awarded to the male and female with the highest percentage of weight loss companywide.
Boyd Gaming congratulates all the “Lose It to Win” participants, and the winners who lost weight and won cash!
Companywide Winners for Highest Percentage of Weight Loss:
- The Orleans Hotel and Casino – Daniel Lichauco
- The Orleans Hotel and Casino – Guadalupe Guzman
“Lose It to Win” Property Winners:
- Amelia Belle Casino – John English, Karen Tisdale, Chasity Morales, Joshua Wagoner, Mary Elliot and Clarence Jennings III
- Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa – William Quist, Emilia Jagier-Moore, Joshua Schmock, Carol Watts, David Potirus and Tammy Erwin
- California Hotel and Casino – Nelson Tomas, Irene Medrano, Jose Becerra, Tracy Connors, Christopher Swords, Sandra Cooper
- Corporate Office – Neil Musngi, Terrie Ramirez, Matthew Stewart, Katherine Gomez, Krist Walkicky and Donna Tirona
- Delta Downs Racetrack Casino Hotel – John Cole, Teresa Pentland, Dennis Duval, Ruth Fouts, James Vincent and Stacy Roley
- Diamond Jo Casino (Dubuque) – Kurt Becker, Connie Von Ah, Marty Maiers, Shannon Williams, Tanya Maiers and Rich Miller
- Diamond Jo Casino (Northwood) – Sheryl Northway, Daniel Varner, Brooke Claussen, Shane McMaster, Matthew Jurgena and Kristin Larson
- Eldorado Casino – Stephen Jennings, Heather Bell, Gregory Cota, Linda Rogers and Kenna Allred
- Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino Hotel – Nova Callicott, Blake Patout, Rachel Comeaux, Stanley Seago, Juanita Leleaux and Charles “Chuck” Oswald
- Fremont Hotel and Casino – Kathleen Mills, Daniel Leiva, Linda Berwick, Trick Sixty, Karen Kissam and Benjamin Watt
- Gold Coast Hotel and Casino – Hubert Quintela, Hasina “Tina” Ghafarshad, Diego Madrigal, Vivian Babilonia, Peter Sugameli and Johana Hughes
- IP Casino Resort Spa – Herbert Newman, Linda Coyne, Christopher Spinelli, Sabrina Martin, Jeff Pham and Charity Milton.
- Jokers Wild Casino – Teresa Guess, David Mann, Sharron Hawkins, Andrew Dahl, Debbie Lujan and Darren Perkins
- Kansas Star Casino Hotel Event Center – Pattie Coons, David Leen, John Thingvold, Tawni Thomas, Mark Miller and Brittany Ward.
- Linen & Uniform Services – Tye Halverson, Neli Momcheva, Antonio Pimentel, Blanca Vasquez, Tomas Quintero and Susan Leyva.
- Main Street Station Casino Brewery and Hotel – Maria Dicianno, Anthony Lamatrice, Jeffrey Wojcik, Ingrid Grey, Elvira Sanchez and Andrew Gabin.
- Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino – Mark Holcomb, Allyson McKean, Mark Gilles, Anna Simpson, Benjamin Gould and Donna Wolfe.
- Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino (Las Vegas) – Carol Orlove, Baudelio Gomez, Kiddie Anderson, Dale Gould, Jamila Still and Larry Lubinski.
- Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino (Shreveport) – Robert Ash, Bonny Smith, Philip Scott, Pamela Edwards, James Donnelly and Shelbi Daniel.
- Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino (Tunica) – Christopher Allen, Bertha Banks, John Paul Fontan, Jacqueline Shaw, Kenny Johnson and Sara Beckham.
- Suncoast Hotel and Casino – Heather Stuhlman, Earl Hilario, Norma Couturier, Vern Chamberlain, Laurie Krueger and Henry Williams.
- The Orleans Hotel and Casino – Daniel Lichauco, Guadalupe Guzman, Marbel Ordonez, Genista Crider, Jeremy Farley and Joann Lazo.
- Treasure Chest Casino – Tina Williams, Robert Code, Elizabeth Vernaci, Alberto Rodriguez, Doris Rodriguez and Chris Lomongo
Please note Aliante, Cannery and Eastside Cannery did not participate in this year’s challenge due to recently joining the Company in 2016.
Although this year’s challenge is over, team members will continue to have incentives to implement healthier habits at work and at home. Team members who meet their health goals by Thursday, Aug. 31 will be eligible to receive discounted health premiums in 2018.
To discuss your health goals, please contact your health coach. Remember to ask for tips that’ll help you continue your journey to a healthier life.